The major rebuild of 1775’s engine has continued over the past two weeks:_
1) Valves removed from cylinder heads
2) Valve seats cleaned up and “decarbonised”
3) Mating surfaces cleaned up
4) Leaking injector sleeves removed from front head, cleaned up and refitted with new sealant
5) Engine block surface cleaned up
6) Cylinder heads refitted
7) Rocker shafts and fingers refitted
…next job is to reset all the tappet clearances to 20 thou of an inch, and then refit all remaining parts, refill the cooling system and run the engine.
As can be seen this is a major rebuild and hopefully will return the bus to prime condition.