The restructuring of our depot continues. The latest move has seen more space created by removing one surplus vehicle to outside storage and the disposal of another. The donation to the Trust of a 1931 Leyland Lion which is fully restored means that the early 1930s style of saloon is represented in the collection. An early Tiger which was discovered in Kent several years ago is therefore not required in the way originally envisaged. As vast amounts of work are required on this bus it has been put aside.
Another vehicle which had no prospect of being restored by us is Lancaster 881. This has moved to the Northwest Vehicle Restoration Trust to help with the restoration of a Wallasey Corporation PD2. It departed our premises on suspended tow. It’s never an easy decision for museums and collections to carry out rationalisations but it is unavoidable if viability is to be maintained.