Ribble Centenary Celebration
Ribble Motor Services was established in June 1919. We will be celebrating the centenary throughout the year but our remaining principal event will be on Monday, August 26th.
Our big event at Morecambe is now past but there are plenty of other opportunities to see our buses in action this year. These include:-
- Monday 15th April – Friday 28th June. A display of photographs at the Carnforth Station Heritage Centre. Admission free. (no buses at this one)
- Sunday 23rd June. Lakeland Motor Museum, Backbarrow, near Newby Bridge, Cumbria. 4 buses and a selection of photographs on display in the grounds of the major car museum.
- Lytham Hall. Bank Holiday Monday, August 26th. Gathering of 20+ buses in the grounds of Lytham Hall. Free service around the locality.
- Sunday 1st September. Trans Lancs Transport Show, Heaton Park, Manchester. 4 buses and a selection of photographs on display as part of a large event.
- Sunday 8th September. Museum of Liverpool, Mann Island, Pier Head. 4 buses and a selection of photographs on display outside the Museum. This date coincides with the Merseyside Transport Trust’s annual Liverpool Running Day.
Of these the major one is Lytham Hall which we have organised for a number of years. Once again there will be display of buses at the Hall and our frequent (every 10 minutes) free service linking the Hall with Lytham, Fairhaven and St Anne’s. More details will be given nearer the time but please note these important points:-
- there is no car parking at the Hall (apart from disabled) You can use the free car park close to the Hall’s entrance and use our buses to travel to the display.
- space is very limited at the Hall so any visiting vintage buses must ensure they have arranged in advance to attend.