Ribble Centenary Celebration
Ribble Motor Services was established in June 1919. We will be celebrating the centenary throughout the year but our principal event will be on Sunday, May 26th. This the usual date for our Morecambe vintage bus display and running day but in 2019 it will be bigger and better than ever. The key difference is that we will be basing the event at Morecambe football club which not only gives us a larger area to show off our buses but also gives access to the club’s cafes, bars and display areas.The main features are:-
- display of vintage buses at Morecambe football club
- display of vintage buses on the promenade near the Midland Hotel
- wide range of Ribble buses and coaches on service and display
- vintage buses from former Ribble joint operators
- free bus service from Heysham Village to Carnforth via Morecambe
- other free bus services including ‘mystery tours’ on vintage coaches
- stalls and displays at the football ground
- new book on Ribble will be on sale with author Roger Davies in attendance
Details will be added here as we get nearer to the event and you can also check our Facebook events page.
Please note that the previous day, Saturday May 25th is the open day at the Stagecoach depot at White Lund, Morecambe which we will be supporting with a selection of our buses. The entire weekend will be a treat for all so do put it in your diary.
Old Archive Events – Click Here